Saturday, October 18, 2008

If Austin had a twin...

... this is what he'd look like.


Now that Austin can sit, we've found that he can entertain himself if we prop him up in front of the mirror.

Why the hat?

Austin kept tapping his head against the mirror, so Michael put on the hat to soften the blow. No bruises or bumps yet.


In addition to the mirror trick, Austin got some other new forms of entertainment this week.

We broke down and bought an Exersaucer on craigslist. Michael is in Washington state this weekend, so I needed something to give me a break. Austin LOVED the Exersaucer. He just couldn't get enough of all the gadgets, toys and noises. He kept moving from one thing to the next. It was a little overwhelming. There was no way I was going to get him to look up to smile for the camera.







I also bought Austin some little Nikes at the used store. He won't keep socks on, so we'll need shoes to keep his feet warm in the winter. I don't know if they are very practical, but he treated them like they were a new toy.



Sometimes you don't need to buy anything. Austin had a great time rolling around in a pile of expired coupons.



And he enjoys company. Aunt Pat came by for a visit after her doctor's appointment:






For more recent photos, see Austin: October 2008 photos.

1 comment:

Laura Tully Zwickl said...

I love his fashion...Rally Monkey and Pirate shoes...my kind of boy!