Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Milestone for Austin

We've mostly been tracking Merrick's progress on the blog lately. But we're turning our attention back to Austin here.

Austin hit a major milestone this week: He started preschool.




Austin is going to the Tiny Tots program through the city of Orange two days a week.

He brought his Buzz Lightyear lunchbox with trail mix, apple slices, juice box and water on the first day. (Yes, I packed too much.)

Austin wore his favorite, new Lightning McQueen shoes to show his teacher. He also wanted to bring her a juice box, but I told him that she would probably bring her own snack. Austin immediately liked the city rug.



Austin did pretty well when I dropped him off, but he was teary when I arrived to pick him up. We're hoping it will be a little less traumatic on his second day tomorrow. We're so proud of him.

Below is an unrelated picture of Austin with Curious George at the library. Austin got to meet one of his favorite characters during a special story time on Saturday.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: