After years and years of writing about test scores and education, I can't believe I'm still writing about percentile rankings.
But these new marks aren't about schools. They are about my son.
We got Austin's first percentile rankings this week when he had his two-month doctor visit. He's in the 75th percentile in weight at 12 pounds 8 ounces. He's in the 50th percentile ranking in height -- almost 22 7/8 inches. And his head circumference is in the 25th percentile. So much for that big head that wouldn't come out.
Overall, I guess that makes Austin average. Not that WE think he's average. We think he's exceptional.
Austin turned two months on Thursday. He's making great progress, tracking mobile objects with his eyes and staring at his moving feet. He's also continuing to coo and smile, especially when Daddy comes home. Austin's also not crying quite as much, or at least we can usually tell WHY he's crying. Often it's because we're not giving him enough attention.
Last night, Austin attended his first sporting event: Daddy's softball game. He didn't see much of it, though. We took a walk around the park first. And he was eating through much of the rest of the game. I'm sure it's only the first of many.
2 comments:
Aww! I love Austin's monkey toes! Hope all is well, lovely Tully-Lev family.
Good job growing, Austin!
Post a Comment