Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day




When I asked Michael what he wanted to do for Father's Day, he only wanted to do one thing:

Watch the U.S. Open.

That made it pretty easy for me.

I also made chorizo and bran muffins for breakfast at his request. But during part of the meal, I was bouncing the baby on his side and sticking a pacifier in his mouth. Such is life as a parent. I eventually got Austin to go to sleep with his "froggy" pacifier -- a new binky with a stuffed frog attached to it. This little device has been a lifesaver lately. The stuffed animal keeps the pacifier in place somewhat so he isn't constantly spitting out his binky. Austin has also started sucking on the animal itself. Here he is holding the froggy while wearing his froggy outfit after a nap.




Michael is willing to watch sports with the baby in his lap, which gives me a good break. Unfortunately for me, Austin slept through most of the tournament, which meant he was up later when Michael was working. They did watch part of it together in Austin's signature pose. However, this position won't last for much longer. Austin is getting to be too long and too "kicky" to stay here, as you can see. We'll find out just how long he is when we go to the doctor on Wednesday.



No comments: