Now that Austin is 9 months old, he is really starting to enjoy playtime.
Austin has always loved our cat, Bicha, squealing in delight whenever he sees her. So, we thought we'd introduce Austin to Courtney's dog, Chewy.
Chewy is super friendly and Austin liked him quite a bit. But Austin quickly got bored and started digging through Chewy's basket of toys.
Austin's favorite game is peek-a-boo. He recently learned how to put his hands in front of his eyes, although he sometimes ends up hitting his forehead instead. Austin also takes things, like rags, and hides our faces. He even grabbed my hair and put it in front of my eyes to play. Here he is hiding behind the coffee table to play peek-a-boo:
Austin also started lying on pillows whenever we put them on the floor, especially when we are lying there. We say "Sleepy time!" and he goes on the pillow:
Austin and I attended a "Goodbye Bush" party this week. He was very quiet and serious when we first got there. But after an hour or so, he really perked up. Austin started smiling and chatting and playing with everyone. I forgot my camera, but my friend, Iris, took some pictures here. Take a look at how chatty Austin is in the video.
This morning, Austin and I watched the inauguration. As a new mom, I must say I have a new perspective, thinking about how Austin's future will be. Austin wasn't too interested. I was just glad he was calm enough to stay on my lap for the speech. Then, he fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment