
Our little boy turned 1. It's hard to believe that I could hold him in one arm a year ago. Now, he's just about walking. OK, I'll stop now. I won't bore you with cliches.
I'll tell you about the big day.
Grandma and Grandpa came out to spend the birthday weekend in SoCal. They were nice enough to babysit while Michael and I headed out to the Coachella Music Festival. We got to to spend a whole night away in Palm Springs.
It didn't take much convincing to get Grandma to watch her grandson.
When we got back on Saturday, we had a little family dinner on our back patio.


Unfortunately, we didn't get pictures of Great Aunts Pat and Susan. However, Aunt Pat took a lot of these great photos. 
Aunt Pat bought him some beach toys.

For Austin's birthday, we decided to have a low-key celebration -- lunch and cake at home with the grandparents and two great aunts. Austin didn't even know it was his birthday, so we figured we could get away with it this year. Austin was just excited to see the colorful table cloth and decorations on the table.
Unfortunately, we didn't get pictures of Great Aunts Pat and Susan. However, Aunt Pat took a lot of these great photos.
Austin got a lot of cool gifts, including this scooter from Noni, his paternal grandmother. He's a little bit short for it now, but he'll be scooting around in no time.
Grandma wrapped a bunch of little presents, thinking that Austin would like ripping them apart. Instead, he tore off tiny pieces of paper and handed them to me. I ended up unwrapping most of the gifts.
He got a baby laptop from Noni, too.

Aunt Pat bought him some beach toys.

Grandma made sure he got some UA Wildcat clothes. Bear Down!
Austin had never eaten cake before. But he knew he wanted it. Austin recently learned the baby sign for "more." So, when Grandma was making the cake, he kept making the more sign and pointing at the cooling cake.
Austin made his usual humming, yummy sounds, meaning he liked the cake.


No comments:
Post a Comment