Saturday, April 11, 2009

Exh-austin

Now that Austin is almost 1, he is getting into everything.

He's been crawling and pulling himself up for awhile now. But he's taller, so he can get into even more things. It's exh-austin.

I never thought I'd be one to let my kid just throw stuff all around. But, looks like I've turned into one of those moms. Sometimes, it's just easier when you are trying to get stuff done. Check out the scene in the kitchen today.



The picture really doesn't do it justice. It doesn't show the trail going around the corner. It doesn't show the crumbs under the table or on the highchair. And it doesn't show the tea particles from a torn-apart tea bag that we had already cleaned up.

But it's really hard to get too upset when you get a smile like this:



That's his new toothy smile these days. Check out the top teeth. Really, it's even cuter in person.

Here he is sort of doing it in the bath.



OK, now on to our recent activities.

Last week, Austin had a park playdate with his buddy, Bobby. Allistair came later.
Bobby is only a few months older than Austin. But as you can see, he's much taller.



The boys had fun, as usual.



The next day, we went to Maven's first birthday party.

Both Maven and Austin were due about the same time. But Maven came via scheduled C-section and Austin came late. So, Maven is 11 days older than Austin.

Here are Austin, big sis Sedona and Maven checking out the cake.





Sedona doted on Austin.



Maven and Austin are curious about each other, even if they don't play as much. That's Maven's grandpa holding Austin.



After dim sum at a restaurant, we headed over to the girls' house. Austin liked playing on Maven's toy horse.



My birthday is next. We're going to Disneyland tomorrow. So, Michael made sure to surprise me today with some flowers and cards. I found this when I got back from the grocery store with Austin today. I have the best husband/baby daddy. Awww.


1 comment:

Like Water said...

Wait until those trails start leading into ALL the rooms. Then you'll discover channel 11 - another thing you never thought you'd do.