Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Lion and the Bee


Halloween has become a kid holiday again.
As an adult, I used try to come up with some creative, pop-culture related costume. I would even go to that Halloween parade/party in Hollywood that they show on T.V.
Now, it's all about Austin. But that's OK.
It's like being a kid again.
For the first time in many years, I bought a pumpkin to carve with Austin.
Well, I carved the pumpkin and he enjoyed looking at it.


He also got a mini pumpkin for free at the grocery store. I drew on a happy face and let him color it himself. (He was wearing the helmet before we started the pumpkin process.)


Later in the week, I took Austin to a Treats in the Streets event in Old Town Orange. After we parked, the train was going by nearby. Austin watched it in his lion costume.



An old fashioned fire truck was at the festival.



Austin had to get out of the stroller to look at it.


Nearby, a petting zoo had a yak, llamas, little goats and other animals.



Austin sort of blended in with the animals.



On Oct. 30, Austin and I went to the pumpkin patch at the Irvine Park Railroad. He's wearing a glow-in-the-dark skeleton shirt from his Aunt Karen.


It was hard to direct Austin to put his head in these little picture booths. Here, he's a little corn.



And a witch.



Austin liked looking around at an inflatable black cat.



Austin was extremely excited about going on the train. We had watched the train go around the park a few times. When we were in line and the train pulled up, he started jumping from side to side and asked to get "Up" so we could get on the train right away.

Here we are waiting to go.





One of the employees offered to take this rare, joint picture.



On the train...



Austin took a picture with the engineer at the end of the ride.



Austin usually doesn't know how to pose, but he sure posed well for this picture. I think he was watching the other kids pose before him. He's showing his teeth.



Here's the full measuring stick.



He looks like a little jack o' lantern with his few teeth. Don't worry: He has many more teeth on the top.



For Halloween, Austin and I went to a Pre Trick-or-Treat Party. Austin and I both dressed as bees. But I forgot to ask someone to take a picture of both of us. Here's a picture of Austin playing the toy guitar at the party.



We didn't go trick-or-treating. Instead, Austin was more excited to hand out candy to kids at home. He thought it was the greatest thing ever.

-Sarah

No comments: