Sunday, September 28, 2008

Angelito



Angelito is the nickname that Grandma Judy gave Austin before he was born. On Saturday, he became our Anaheim Angelito when we took Austin to his first Angels game.

Angel Stadium is super close to our house, so it seemed like we really should make it to one game this year. We finally made it for the second to last regular season home game. The tickets were only $3, so we figured we could bail if Austin acted up. I bought him a Rally Monkey onesie for the occasion.

At first, we didn't know if Austin would even see the game. He fell asleep on the way from the parking lot to the stadium.


But he woke up after we took him out of the stroller. He was in awe of all the people and the spectacle of the stadium.



Daddy was excited to take his son to his first professional baseball game.







We made sure to use the noise-reduction headset from Grandma.



I mostly wanted to eat junk food -- we shared frozen lemonade, a pretzel and an ice cream sandwich -- and wear my new Angels T-shirt.



In the end, Austin behaved very well. He easily made it until the seventh-inning stretch so we could sing "Take Me Out To the Ballgame." I'd been practicing with him during the day. We also took a peek at the game from the field level before packing Austin up. Angelito didn't bring any luck to the Angels, who lost 4-8. We'll see if they have better luck in the playoffs this week.
For more recent photos of Austin, see Austin photos: September 2008.

3 comments:

Laura Tully Zwickl said...

I love his sports outfit!

eva said...

Agreed! His outfit is so soooooooooo cute. Go Austin Angelito!

Ellyn said...

I can't get enough of Austin's deer-in-headlight startled look. Love it.