I've dreaded this day for months.
It's my last day of maternity leave. And, I finally decided that today is the day to see if my old clothes fit.
Shockingly, I feel fine.
I just scooted into my old pants and skirts. Most of them fit. Even my jeans! They may be a little snugger than before. But I can actually wear them. What an ego boost!
Also, I'm feeling OK about going back to work. I've been off for about six months, so it's going to be a challenge. But the schedule seems like it will work for us. I'll be working 30 hours a week, so I'll have Fridays off. Michael will watch Austin in the mornings and one full weekday. When we aren't around, we have a nice 65-year-old Argentine grandma to watch Austin three afternoons a week. She speaks Spanish, so we're hoping for a bilingual baby.
Now, this could all change tonight and especially tomorrow morning when I'm walking out the door. I'm sure I'll have some major guilt trips and sadness.
Pretty soon, I won't have much time to blog, so I thought I'd give you some cute pictures and videos of Austin to tide you over.
This morning, he watched football with Daddy while lying on a sheet on the floor:
Austin isn't crawling yet, but he's getting close. For now, he loves to roll around and try to get to his toys on the floor:
Austin can't quite sit up on his own yet, but he can stay in this tripod position for a little while:
Aunt Laura requested some videos. Here's one of Austin rolling:
Here, Austin is trying to suck on his toes:
1 comment:
Thanks for the vids! Congrats on the clothes. You look great.
Post a Comment