Michael, Austin and I survived our first week of me returning to work. Except for an hourlong crying fit on the first day -- Austin, not me -- everyone did pretty well. Michael survived his first all-day stint with Austin, who was thrilled to have some daddy time.
Michael sent me these photos for my desktop on my first day.
On Friday, Austin turned five months old. Michael and I both had the day off, so we took Austin for his shots. He's growing at 16.7 pounds, but he's still considered average. The nurse said he's the same height, but we think she measured incorrectly. He's getting tall.
At five months, Austin is rolling and scooting more and more. We can't leave him alone for long. Already, he can scoot off of his mat and get into his toys.
Austin is also becoming very interested in our cat, Bicha. Apparently, this is the stage when he starts learning about animate and inanimate objects. Bicha isn't as interested, but she tolerates him.
On Saturday, I mistakenly dressed Austin up in UCLA colors before he watched the UA-UCLA football game with Daddy.
Later that day, Aunt Pat came over to babysit so Michael and I could go on a much-anticipated date to the Hollywood Bowl, where we saw Beck, Spoon and MGMT.
She said he liked the cardinal.
Hopefully, Aunt pat won't mind coming back for more. Thank you, Aunt Pat!


1 comment:
He's so cute - and getting big!
Post a Comment